Wednesday, April 24, 2013

DONE

Apologies. I know I should have updated this blog sooner. As my dear friend Duckie pointed out my readers need a happy ending. You absolutely do. You have been wonderful, supportive, caring readers. You've left me messages of hope, encouragement and strength. I've survived this surfing on waves of positive vibes.

Here's the thing. Chemo has short circuited my cerebrum. This is about the 9th time I'm trying to write this. Words are not flowing freely. I mean "I've survived surfing on waves of positive vibes". Who writes that badly? Turns out I do. Me and aging hippies doing that free writing course in Haight-Ashbury.

My chemo fog is bad. Very, very, very bad. (Insert your own adverbial phrase please 'very' is all I can muster.) Please forgive me if my wit is witless, my sarcasm lost on myself and my sense of irony so literal that, unlike Alanis, it's not ironic, don't you think? Where were we? I have no idea.

I'm done with chemo. I had my last round just under 2 weeks ago. The usual side effects, plus some lovely new ones: My feet are constantly freezing cold, my finger nails look like crinkly potato chips and my skin has gone so thin that my temporary breasts have shifted to almost under my armpits. Attractive right?


But I'm done. So from here on I can focus on recovery and move on. I still have one more operation where they'll replace the afore mentioned underarm boils with Grade-A, Hollywood tittys. I'll also be on Tamoxifen for at least 5 years. Side effects include night sweats, hot flushes and mood swings. So it's essentially menopause. Great. 

I'm moving from cancer victim to cancer survivor. And that, my lovely, loyal readers, is the Happy Ending. I'm riding into the sunset with my bald head slathered in SPF100. Yeeeha.



DONE

I will be updating the blog from time to time to let you know how I'm doing and to post pictures of my slow growing hair.  














15 comments:

  1. That's my girrrrrrrrlllllll!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy it's over. Well done Robyn and wishing you speedy hair growth xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Robs, that is awesome news. Here's to you raising a glass of whiskey very very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats wonderful news - go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!!!! Thanks for sharing your journey with us - wishing you good health! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoooo hooo - done and dusted! Moving on to long locks and fab new boobies!! xxxxxx Hugs and love matie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very, very happy! Go from strength to strength and I look forward to seeing your lovely new locks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been following your blog and I'm so happy that you've come through with your wonderful sense of humor intact. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear...you are one amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, a very good ending. All the best recovering, please keep us updated I love reading your blogs you have an awesome sense of humour even in your darkest days x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not always smooth sailing while riding into that sunset, but it's riding and that's what matters! Congrats on finishing up chemo. Be patient with things as it takes a while for the body to regenerate. My best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (info@drituaherbalcenter.com)(drituaherbalcenter@gmai.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete