Wednesday, February 6, 2013

FRIENDS WITHOUT BENEFITS

I've noticed a trend starting among my friends. If they're feeling down, sick or are dealing with major life issues, they feel guilty because they don't have Cancer. You know Life goes on. You are entitled to your problems and yes, things could be worse, but that won't make your situation any better. The backside to this issue (and it's more Kardashian, than Kylie) is that my friends don't want to talk about their problems to me. They reckon I have enough of my own. Truth is; I would so much rather talk about their issues than mine. I'm sick of talking about Cancer, my patchwork boobs, my dead nipple (more on that at another time), what I'll be doing at the hospital today (for the record, I'm having a port put in), blah, blah, blah. I'm not sick of writing about it, so you can catch up on how I'm doing right here. And in return, share what's happening in your lives. Friendship is symbiotic. I can't live without my friends but they can live without my cancer.

2 comments:

  1. I have a dull ache in my left ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm feeling a bit tired and i just made the worst cup of tea. sigh.

    ReplyDelete