Sunday, February 3, 2013

CHEMOSABI


A week ago I received a call from my oncologist. 

Well let me start at the beginning. Two weeks ago I received a call from my Oncologist. The call was sugar and spice and all things champagne. My Oncoytpe score had come back low. I wasn't going to need Chemo!!! And I'll throw in a few more for dramatic effect !!!!!!. Huge relief, Elaine dance and the aforementioned bubbly. 

Last week's call: Slugs and snails and Doberman/Pitbull tails. 

Turns out I do need Chemo after all. 

I'm not going to go into the long story of why. Just to say that I have a brilliant Oncologist and Pathologist and when they say jump, I say:"Shave it off Fredrik."

This blog will be my Chemo journey. I'm hoping I'll handle it with humor, grace and Wonder Woman strength. I'm hoping to vomit like a super model: no splatter, just pretty little chunks of apple eaten 2 days ago. I'm hoping to be white like Amanda Seyfried, not Casper. I'm hoping to carry off bald ala Natalie Portman rather than Telly Savalas. But if I have moments of pity, loathing, depression and Niagara Falls, so be it. It's Chemo biyatches, not a beach vacation in Miami. 

23 comments:

  1. you are an amazing woman!! Xxx Just with your mindset alone you will get through this!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your totally amazing and positive mindset! Sending some more positive energy from Cape Town <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the experience you going through...its truly inspiring! Your positivity and humour is amazing! Wishing you everything of the best and sending all the light and love i can your way..Yoshlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Means so much to me to touch people through my writing which is really a joy for me to do. Helps me get through.

      Delete
  4. Keep your positive attitude going- thinking of you
    Love Ronnie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for keeping us all in the loop and making us laugh. You truly are an inspiration, keep strong, keep writing, we'll keep sharing and praying, much love Pam and Heibs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard soo much about you, feels like I know you through Cindy :) All of the best! May your journey be filled with being positive,love and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (private joke) You are a very, very advanced 12-year-old little Robyn !
    Not just a pretty face there xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there! Chemo is no walk in the park and there will be side-effects that your oncologist never mentioned, leaving you with a huge WTF look on your face when it happens! But you know what? Cancer taught me so much about myself, my friends, my family and what really matters in life...it is the GREAT equalizer. I can truly say that it was life-changing, in a good way. If you ever want to swap notes or see if what you're going through is "normal" you are more than welcome to contact me, Cindy has my details. Much strength to you on your journey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you should think twice; https://www.facebook.com/Solutions4Health

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might just save your life and some unnecessary discomfort: "I can go off on a tangent here about cancer and Big Pharma... hopefully those that read me posts will have seen through the lies and deceit of the cancer industry not only towards men but also women... as per http://solutions4health.co.za

      Delete
    2. NOT TRUE!

      Robyn has several brilliant Doctors in her immediate family who support the decision to have the Chemo that will add years to her precious life!

      Its not a happy choice but is an inevitable consequence .Robs will be just fine!!!

      Delete
    3. Dear Michael,
      What fantastic news that one can prevent and cure cancer by "nutrition, nutritional supplementation, sunshine and exercise." as per Solutions4health.co.za!
      When are you collecting your Nobel Prize?

      Delete
    4. I turned down conventional treatment and went for the the nutrition approach.

      I think its working out well.

      Steve Jobs

      Delete
  10. Brilliantly written by (it seems to me) a stunning person! I will definitely follow your blogs. Hang in there. The ride will be uneven with potholes, but in the end it will be worth it. YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the spirit!!!! I'm on the other side of chemo. A tough journey, and with your attitude, multitudes more bearable! Hang in there! When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to be on the other side. I'm half way there!

      Delete