Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PORT-A-PARTY


I had my Chemo Port put in today. 

A chemotherapy port (also known as a port-a-cath) is a small devise that is implanted under your skin to allow easy access to your bloodstream. A port can be used to draw blood and infuse chemotherapy drugs.”*

It looks rather dramatic right now as it’s covered in bandages, but, when they're taken off, my Port will look like one of Lady Gaga’s horns. I’m thinking I can start a fashion trend. Make them in different shapes; Initials; Celtic designs; Hebrew letters and Chinese symbols. I could insert a magnet into them, so you could bling your bump. I imagine my best seller will be the Cancer Ribbon shape. I mean what do you get the breast cancer victim who already has all the pink paraphernalia Cancer Month can churn out? A ribbon port. Coming soon to a Walmart near you.

* About.com

4 comments:

  1. When I finished my chemo treatment, my chemo buddies and I decided to go off and have a tattoo of a small pink ribbon on our ankle on the side that we had the mastectomy. 6 months of chemo together can make you do strange things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great idea Niki. I'm going to do some sort of tattoo to remind me of this just haven't worked out what yet.

      Delete
  2. Brave woman Robs. Every photo and you look like a rock. How do you do it!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Chants. I do it because I have no choice. Doing it with humor makes it easier. Miss you so very much. xxx

      Delete