Wednesday, February 6, 2013

HAIR SHOPPING. DOES IT COME IN PRADA?

There's a special section of my hospital devoted to wigs. They have 2 lovely ladies who work there. One is a wig expert, a Wigologist who sews, adjusts, fits and prepares the wig to your exact skull measurements and specifications. For the record I have a tiny head, the words: "like a child" were thrown around a few times. The other lady is there to style and cut your wig once it's ready. You can choose synthetic or human hair. It's a personal preference, but I felt human was too hot n' heavy for my teeny, weeny, little skull. These wigs ain't cheap. Mine is costing close to $650 and that's with 40% off because I'm having my Chemo at the hospital. Medical aid isn't paying. This is coming right out of my shoe money. Nog a side effect of Chemo, having to shop at Payless. Shudder.

The Wigologist. 

Hollywood

Too much? 

Blonde

Papa, can you hear me?
Papa, can you see me?
Papa can you find me in the night?
Papa are you near me?


I don't think so.


4 comments:

  1. man am i happy to see the sue ellen make the final 'cut' NOTTTTTTT! rather loving the blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling Robs, it's been too damn long since we were in touch, but i just wanted to say that you are one funny mo-fo!! what an amazing human bean you are, and when i see you now i really wish life hadn't taken us to such different worlds. Know that i'm thinking about you and sending so much spacey love healing energy. If you ever feel like ghost writing me some stand up material, i'd be so grateful. You rock sista! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stac! Thanks. I'm interested to find out where you are, what you're up to. Friend me on facebook and we can play catch up!

      Delete
  3. What she said. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete